Saturday, February 6, 2010

First Post!

Well this my first post in what will hopefully be a blog about my experiences in the Disney College Program (more info about the program here). It would be rather depressing if I don't get accepted after starting this...

Anyways, I hope to do the Disney College Program in Fall 2010. For those of you who don't know, I'm double majoring in Hotel & Restaurant Management as well as Japanese Language & Culture. I really hope I get a chance to practice my Japanese while I'm down there (even if it's with a fellow cast member) so I don't forget it all before I get back (I plan on taking my Japanese book to review as well).

I actually hope to work for Disney after I graduate, so I think this program would be a great jump-start to a future career with the company!

The roles I signed up for are as follows (you can find descriptions of the roles here):
-Attractions
-*Concierge*
-Character Attendant
-Custodial
-Full Service Food and Beverage
-*Hospitality*
-*Housekeeping*
-Main Entrance Operations
-Merchandise
-PhotoPass Photographer
-Quick-Service Food and Beverage
-Transportation
-Vacation Planner

As you can see, I pretty much signed up for all of them (skipping any that involved heavy lifting or swimming skills). The ones I put stars next to are my top three choices, mainly because they pertain to my major the most. While I'm hoping I get one of my top three, I'd honestly be happy with any of the roles I selected because I'd be working in Disney World!

Apparently Disney started sending out acceptance e-mails on Feb. 5th. I have yet to get one, but I'm not too worried just yet. I interviewed on Jan. 26th and the person who interviewed me said it could take 3-4 weeks before a decision is made (the thank you e-mail I received said 4-6 weeks). Even though I'm not worried, I'm still very anxious about finding out whether I've been accepted or not. I hope I get my acceptance (not denial) e-mail in the next batch that they send out, because I don't think I can wait 3 weeks (let alone 6)!

No comments:

Post a Comment